Just finished my starry, starry night in time for Christmas.
The night-time blue is a bit wishy washy at the moment but I can improve on that with more blue washes on the inside. The wax batik worked a treat. I used a birthday candle, which fortunately had some yellow colouring in, to drip dots representing stars onto the inside of the dome.
I tried for constellations as planed but I’ve probably failed on that count. The stars are great but they don’t line up accurately enough in most cases to represent a constellation. I also added some extra stars in a random fashion and these now confuse the issue further. But it’s ok. I’m happy with the starry effect and there are 10 constellations in there somewhere.
I’ve just finished coating the outside with two layers of dilute PVA glue to prevent the dark outer blue from creeping inside and spoiling the night sky blue.
There’s lots of waiting for things to dry at the moment. I’ll just have to drink lots of coffee and eat (Christmas) cake while I wait.
Merry Christmas followers. Roll on the rebirth of the sun.